If there’s one thing just about everyone wants to do, it’s save money. It’s easier said than done, though, isn’t it? Search online for ways to save money and you’re likely to end up with a search page full of hacks you probably don’t want, like making broken coat hangers into chip clips and cutting your dishwasher tablets in half. Don’t worry. We won’t waste your time with weird money saving tips you won’t use. We’ve got some practical advice about how to save money, and we’ll even help you do it.
- First, identify why you want to save money. When you have clear cut goals, it will make all your money-saving efforts feel more worthwhile. It could be that you’re trying to build up a rainy day fund, save for a vacation, or raise your credit score. Whatever your reason, set your goals and make a plan to achieve them.
- Learn how to budget. Keeping track of how much money flows in and out of your life each month can help you stay on track with your savings. You can find budgets online or just create one yourself, but make sure you’re planning for and tracking every dollar. It doesn’t really matter which budget you use: the best budget is the one you find easiest to maintain.
- Make sure you’re not paying too much for things you pay for every month. Look at your monthly subscriptions and streaming services with a critical eye. Are you really getting the most out of the things you’re paying for? Don’t stop there, either. Look at your insurance policies. Are you paying for coverage you don’t need? What about credit cards? Sometimes, you can negotiate with your credit card companies for lower interest rates.
- Save money on the necessities. Save money on food by skipping the restaurants and planning ahead to eat at home. Make a grocery list, paying attention to store sales, and stick to the list when you’re at the store. Save money on cleaning by doing it cheaply, with natural cleaners like vinegar and baking soda. Make up your mind never to pay retail prices for clothes, whether that means shopping second hand or making the most of sales and promo cards.
- Be smart about laundry. Laundry isn’t just a money drainer, it’s also a time suck. You know what they say: time is money. So, in addition to the costs of laundry detergent, hot water, and energy, you’re spending the time you could be using for more important things.
At Orlando Cleaners, we’ll help you by taking laundry off your to-do list with our new laundry subscription service. We also honor competitors’ coupons, and we have a page of special offers to help you save money. If you’re looking for a dry cleaner who provides impeccable service and meticulous attention to detail within a culture of friendliness, positivity, and eco-consciousness, trust Orlando Cleaners. Contact us through our website or call 407-992-8561 for more information.