Who doesn’t love a good life hack? We’re all trying to figure out how to make our lives easier, and having a few great workarounds makes us feel like we’re really getting somewhere. We especially love cleaning hacks, because who doesn’t need a little help keeping a clean house? That’s why we thought we’d kick off 2021 with some life hacks to make your life a little easier.
- Cook up some dish detergent. Worried your favorite pan is ruined because of burnt-on food? Fill the pan with water and some dish soap and bring it to a simmer. Soon, you’ll be able to use a spatula and carefully remove the burned bits.
- Use baking soda to clean basically everything. Baking soda is essentially a miracle. It’s a natural deodorizer that’s gently abrasive, so you can use it to clean grout, dishes, surfaces, and more. Mix it with vinegar and you can even use it to blast out clogs in your drain.
- Get stains out with lemon juice. Like baking soda, lemon juice is pretty great. For stains on your clothes, combine lemon juice with salt, apply it to the stain, and leave it for half an hour, then rinse with warm water and wash as usual.
- Clean jewelry with seltzer water. Soak gold jewelry for five minutes in a mixture of seltzer water and dish soap and you’ll be amazed at how much dirt and debris comes off.
- Remove sticky stuff with oil. Leftover tape residue, tar on your shoes, temporary tattoos- whatever sticky mess you’ve gotten yourself into, olive oil on a soft cloth will take it right off.
- Polish silver with toothpaste. No silver polish on hand? No problem! Rub toothpaste onto silver with a soft cloth, rinse and dry.
- For copper, use ketchup. Put some ketchup on a rag, sprinkle on some salt, and use it to polish your copper pots or mugs.
- Take a post-it note to your keyboard. Run the sticky part of a post-it along your keyboard to remove whatever is stuck in the keys.
- Put a condiment top on your vacuum to clean delicate things. This works particularly well for keyboards and electronics.
- Take out scratches with a walnut. Whether it’s your coffee table or your hardwood floor, rubbing a walnut over it will make those scratches disappear.
When it comes to life hacks for keeping your clothes in great shape and making your life easier, we’ve got the best one of all. Bring them to Orlando Cleaners, where you can be confident you’ll receive impeccable service and meticulous attention to detail. Using state-of-the-art equipment and the latest technology, we ensure our services are of the highest quality available, and we even offer pick-up and delivery service. If you’re looking for a dry cleaner with a culture of friendliness, positivity, and eco-consciousness, trust Orlando Cleaners. Contact us through our website or call 407-992-8561 for more information.